The Board of Rabbis (BOR) brings a unique rabbinic voice to our Northern California community. We are the only local organization that builds relationships amongst rabbinic colleagues, while also being the organization the community turns to for rabbinic input.
Our vision is simple yet profound: we exist to strengthen our collegial relationships as well as be a moral voice in the Jewish community.
1. Serves the Needs of Colleagues:
- Promotes rabbinic collegiality among all of the religious streams of Judaism in Northern California
- Provides local opportunities to continue learning Torah together and growing professionally
2. Provides a religious voice for the community in matters of moral concern and raises the level of conversation on difficult issues
3. Works with area organizations (Jewish and non-Jewish) to collaborate on important communal issues a Jewish and/or rabbinic presence
4. Endorses, assists, and advocates for Jewish chaplains serving in state prisons and institutions for the developmentally disabled.